Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hakuda Class

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reikon Hanpa
Tier 0
Reikon Hanpa

Reiryoku : 5280

RP Profile
Race: Shinigami
Class: Unseated

Hakuda Class Empty
PostSubject: Hakuda Class   Hakuda Class I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Reikon sped into the training area of the Hakuda classroom. A single drop of sweat trickled down from her temple to her jaw, her breathe coming short and heavy. She had ran the whole way here, just as she had done from her Zanjutsu class to her dorm room, because she had realized she would be late. Her arm rested against the wooden doorway, her head facing down toward the ground, her body heaving with each breath. When she finally caught her breath, she stood erect and walked into the training room. She instantly bowed to the sensei, mumbling a greeting.

"It's good to see you, Reikon. Come to give combat another shot?" The sensei, named Hotaru, asked jokingly. Reikon didn't give him an answer, she only gave him a weak smile and nodded slightly. Walking over toward the doorway again, she removed her shoes, and placed them to the side. She then reached into a closet, producing a training gi from its depths. She wandered off into a side room, coming out in a different outfit than before. Now she wore a training gi, with her hair back up in its messy bun; it had fallen out somewhere between the zanjutsu training ground and the dorm.

"So, are we ready?" He asked politely, as she took a few steps forward, her bare feet touching the dirt-covered training circle without a sound. With a grim nod, Reikon prepared to learn the art of hand to hand combat. "Good, now there are a lot of things to Hakudo. So many things that there is no way I could teach you all of them, even if I had every day from your first to the day you graduate. In fact, I don't even know everything there is to know about it. But I do know the basics, and you will too by the end of today. However, the best way is to learn from experience. You will learn the most basic elements. The stance, blocking, countering, attacking, and footwork." He said, as he walked closer to her. He suddenly bowed very deeply, and them positioned himself in a basic stance. His fist was brought up at an angle, the other resting at his waist, his body facing to the side, with his feet spread about shoulder length.

She nodded, taking up her own stance. The day before he had shown her a more appropriate stance for her, since she relied less on strength in combat. She had both hands open, instead of curled into fists, the first in front of her and the other up against her chest. Her legs were spread less, and bent at the knees slightly so that she could move more quickly. She stood on the balls of her feet, allowing for swift movement. He smiled, and stepped forward, throwing a direct punch at her. Instead of blocking, as he probably wanted her to do, she simply chopped at his wrist, knocking off aim so that she could spin within the area directly behind his fist, throwing her other arm's elbow at his gut.

Hotaru brought his other arm up, blocking the elbow with his powerful forearm, and pushing her forward. She would roll forward, and jump back to her feet, taking up the same stance as before. There was a sharp pain in her left wrist, she must have twisted it. Damnit, still not good enough... She thought to herself critically, as she steeled herself for his next assault, this time she would get it right. He threw another punch, she repeated the first action. This time as she shoved forward she would roll, and hook her foot around his leg. She pulled hard, sending him down to the ground while she bounced back to his feet. However, he was still better than her. As she turned to face him he was back up and moving again. He threw a hook at her head, she blocked it, he threw four more blows, she blocked them. They went back and forth, each making occasional blows, Hotaru stopping every once and a while to give her a tip or two.

They continued this process for a few more minutes, before Hotaru finally called for a break.
"I can only teach you so much, and from there I can only help you to master it. It seems you know it all, you just need to learn how to use it. This is something that you'll need more than just one opponent for. Maybe you'll master it after graduating, maybe not. I'd prefer it if you found yourself a partner to practice with, several actually, to keep each battle as original as possible."

------------------
{51}
Back to top Go down
Reikon Hanpa
Tier 0
Reikon Hanpa

Reiryoku : 5280

RP Profile
Race: Shinigami
Class: Unseated

Hakuda Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hakuda Class   Hakuda Class I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Reikon had been waiting for what felt like hours upon hours, training by herself as she waited for someone, anyone, to show up. However, no one would show their face in the Hakuda training grounds today. She pounded her fists and legs into the training dummy in front of her, occasionally moving on to a moving one to practice her reflexes. By the end of this repetitive dance of limbs she was drenched in sweat, breathing heavy, and nearly falling over. She rested against the training dummy, one arm laying across its shoulder while her body leaned against its powerful support beam. When she was finally breathing properly, she walked calmly over to where the towels were resting on a rack. Grabbing one of the clean, white, towels, she began to dab her forehead, soaking up the sweat that poured from her body. As she did this with her left hand, she grabbed a water bottle with her right hand and took a swig. Gulping the refreshment down greedily, she placed the towel in the bin next to the rack and turned to go recycle the bottle. As she passed the sensei, she gave him an apologetic look; she wouldn't train with others like he had wanted her to. Well, at least not today.

"I think I'm going to have to leave now. If I head out now I can get to my dorm in time to change, and shower, and then I'll be right on time for my Kido class. It's nearing graduation, I want to make sure I know as much as humanly possible." She said to her sensei, as she walked into the side room she had previously walked into, and came out wearing her other robes. She raced over to the cubby that held her sandals and socks, and put them on hurriedly.

"Calm yourself, Reikon. You will have plenty of time to learn everything even after graduating. Right now just make sure you have the basics down." Hotaru chuckled, lifting a hand as a gesture for a goodbye. Reikon nodded to him, giggling quietly and giving him a grateful smile. She would then take off, on her way to the dorm and the showers.

-----
{22}
Back to top Go down

Hakuda Class
Page 1 of 1