Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Henry Jefferson
Tier 0
Henry Jefferson

Reiryoku : 4040

RP Profile
Race: Quincy
Class:

Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed)) Empty
PostSubject: Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed))   Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed)) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

Henry ran quickly through the hallways of the large hideout, passing dozens of doors and turns that lead to God knows where. In the months he had been living in the hideout, he still hadn’t learned where everything went, not to mention secret passages and trapdoors. Brandon had promised to begin his Quincy lessons this week, starting today. Henry had been anticipating this day for months, he would learn how to summon a bow like the others, move faster than light, use gadgets that could destroy an entire city block. It was all so exciting. Henry reached the door, then stopped. What if he wasn’t any good? What if he wasn’t really a Quincy at all? Maybe this was just an entire misunderstanding and he couldn’t use any Quincy powers. He would get kicked back out on the street with the gangs and the garbage, and would never see Alex, Zoe, and Brandon again. No, he wouldn’t let that happen. He would be a Quincy, he would learn to use a bow to kill hollows, he would learn to be powerful. With new confidence, Henry opened the door to the training area.

It was larger than he thought it would be, with a vast target range for bows and a wide open area for other combat trainings. Brandon was standing in the middle, playing with a small silver object in his hand. He looked up as the door opened and Henry walked in.

”Hey Henry, ready to start your first lesson.” Brandon was smiling. He was usually smiling, not like Zoe, who scowled most of the time. Brandon was always cheerful, and the only one of Henry’s three masters to call Henry by his real name. Also, Brandon had been the one to suggest the lessons start early, much to Zoe’s dismay.

Brandon tossed the silver object, and Henry caught it in both hands. He examined it for a while: it was in the shape of a cross; it had a chain that could fit around someone’s wrist; it pulsed with a power that called to Henry. ”What is this” Henry asked, fascinated with the cross.

”It’s called a Quincy Cross. It can be used to create a bow like the one I use,” Brandon said, forming the bow. It was a white color, made completely of energy. Henry had seen it before when Alex and Brandon were showing him what powers he could achieve if he became a Quincy. ”It’s our most powerful weapon against the hollows. Each one is unique to the Quincy who creates it; your soul is shown when you use your Quincy bow.”

Henry stared at the cross in his hand, ”So how do I form the bow?” he asked, eager to get on with the lesson.

”Pour your reiatsu into the cross and will it to take the form of a bow,” Brandon said.

Henry stared at him for a moment. What the hell was he talking about? By reiatsu he meant energy, right? So how could he move his energy into the cross? ”How do I do that?” Henry asked.

Brandon gave him a look that made Henry feel stupid, then said, ”Open yourself and allow the river of reiatsu to flow into the cross.” That made even less sense. River of reiatsu? His energy had always felt like a volcano that burned him every time he tried to use it. He couldn’t make it flow into the cross.

”I don’t know how to do that. Is there some other way?" Damnit, Brandon must think him an idiot.

”Make your sword,” a voice from the doorway said. Alex was leaning against the wall, watching the lesson. Henry flushed from embarrassment. Now two of his masters thought he was completely incompetent. Make a sword? I’ll show you a sword. Henry’s reiatsu flared up, extending into his sword arm, where the cross was. But instead of a sword, a bow was formed instead. It was flaring at the top and wavering at the bottom, as if it couldn’t form a stable shape.

”Try to make it more even, create a longer hilt,” Alex suggested. Henry took the advice, and the bow became more stable, even on both the top and bottom. How the hell had he done that?

”Hmm,” Alex said, then walked out. What was with him?
-------

Last edited by Henry Jefferson on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henry Jefferson
Tier 0
Henry Jefferson

RP Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed))   Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed)) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:12 pm

”Hey, kid,” Alex said. He never said Henry, it was always kid, even though they had known each other for four years now, ever since Henry was ten. Sometimes, Henry wasn’t sure Alex knew his name. ”When you pull back the string, you don’t have to do it so fiercely. Don’t throw off your aim to fire more quickly. Fire at the target now, take as long as you want. Draw the string back, line up your shot, then let the arrow fly.” Alex was the best at teaching Henry. He knew how to speak to him, where as Brandon and Zoe would only say the same thing over until Henry figured it out himself.

He breathed in, raising the bow to the target, bringing up his spiritual pressure. His teal bow glowed brightly as he lined up his shot, the arrow ready to sail to the bullseye. Henry didn’t let go of his breath as he fired, afraid of missing the shot. The arrow flew through the air, toward the target. Fuck, Henry thought. The arrow had missed… again.

Alex must have held back a sigh, ”Good try, but you’re too tense. Go again only this time-“

”Why the hell does it matter? I can kill my enemy faster with a Seele Schneider, the bow is a waste of my time!” Henry let the bow fade, instead creating his original weapon, a sword. He charged the target and sliced it in two quickly and cleanly. Alex just stared, then without a word raised his bow. It was a Quincy Webbow, able to fire rapidly and still retain strength. Alex pulled back the string silently and deliberatly, then fired at another target. One-hundred arrows came pouring out of the bow, each landing neatly into the bullseye, taking the place of the one before it. Even the arrows that were fired from the edges of the bow curved to hit the bullseye.

The message Alex gave was clear: Henry could kill hollows using the sword, yes. But if he wanted to be the best, he would have to master the bow. He let the sword fade out and turned to Alex, head bowed, ”I’m sorry for acting rash, Master. Please, forgive me for my actions. I do want to learn, please teach me.”

Alex stared at him for a moment, then just said, ”Raise your bow, make sure it’s level with the target. Take into account all we teach you, proper posture, breath control, where the arrow should be in relation with your target.” Henry stared downrange, listening to Alex’s advice. His bow remained calm, not flaring as it did last time, even as the arrow was released. It hit the bullseye, cracking it down the center from the sheer power alone. Henry’s eyes widened and then he smiled.

”I finally hit the target,” he said, almost not beleiving it.

”Good job, kid! Now try for twice in a row.”
-----
Back to top Go down
Henry Jefferson
Tier 0
Henry Jefferson

RP Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed))   Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Henry drew the string back, willing the arrow to form as he did. The two targets were as far back and away from each other as they could be. Alex had long since left so Henry could practice alone, and he wasn't making much progress. Yes, some of that was probably because he was tired, but he needed to learn, faster than he was now. He had been training to be a Quincy for six years and still wasn't anywhere near the level Alex was. He had passed Brandon, and probably matched Zoe, so the only person who could really spar against him was Alex. But Alex was just too good. He didn't learn anything from his battles with his master, so all he could do was train until he could follow the movements and techniques.

Henry gritted his teeth. He had lost concentration, and had now lost his aim. Henry positioned the bow again, this time planning on unleashing his power onto the targets. Of course, he was better the seele schnieder, even better than his masters, learning and mastering it in possibly the shortest time anyone had. But it didn't count if he couldn't get near the enemy in the first place. That was the beauty of the Quincy bow. The power, speed, and range outmatched any of their competitors, weather it be hollow or shinigami.

Damn he needed to concentrate. What was the point of talking about the need for training if he never followed through. He would never surpass Alex like this. And what if he did surpass his masters? Would he have to leave, go off on his own to wander the world? No, Alex wouldn't throw him out just because he became the best. Maybe they would find another lone Quincy to train, they would need him, right? Then again, they had trained him, why would they need another person to do something that they could already achieve with the three of them.

Fuck He let loose the arrow and split it to attack both his targets. They both missed by a long shot from his lack of concentration. Henry let the bow fizzle out and jumped high into the air, pulling out his seele schnieder as he did. He landed at the end of the range on the far right, then sprinted down the line, cutting the targets as he did. As they all fell neatly in half, he ran down to a group of dummies and hacked them to pieces. He felt a tremor of movement and pulled out his bow, arming the seele schnieder and firing swiftly. Alex used hirenkyaku to dodge to the side and grabbed the hilt of the seele schnieder as it flew past.

"If you're not careful you might kill someone," Alex said, his voice light. The seele schnieder deactivated in his hand and he tossed it to Henry. Alex glanced around the training room, seeing the destruction left by Henry. "You may want to clean this up, Zoe gets angry if you leave the training area in disarray."

Henry stuck a cigarette in his mouth, flicking open his lighter and lighting it. "Okay, I will. But later," he said, sliding down to sit against the wall. Alex took a seat next to him, but pulled the cigarette out of Henry's hand and through it across the room. Henry flipped Alex off, but didn't pull out another one.

"You seem," he paused, looking for the right word, "troubled," he settled on.

Henry said, "I'm no good with the bow." Alex raised an eyebrow. "Okay, I mean I'm not as good as you. And don't say it's because you're older because I've seen you fight and I know that you have more natural talent than anyone I've seen." Words started spilling out faster, Henry had never rambled before, but there was a first time for everything, "Whenever you use your bow it's always perfectly symetrical, nothing fluxuates like mine or Brandons, and you can fire hundreds of arrows all with more power than my own, and I've been training for years to match you, but my bow is still the same, my arrows are still the same, I can't even keep up with you. What if-"

"Kid, you're more powerful than me."

Henry paused, "What?" he asked.

Alex sighed, then said, "You're more powerful than me. Or will be more powerful than me. You see, you have" he again paused to find the right word, "more potential than I do. You have more natural talent than me, more energy than me. Your reiatsu exceeds mine, you just have difficulty with the Quincy median: the bow. Sometime in your training, you'll be practicing, and suddenly you'll think 'Oh, that's what I've been doing wrong.' When that happens, you will exceed me in both power and talent. Then we will have a battle that will demonstrate what I have told you now, and you will become a master. This won't happen overnight, but when the time comes, be ready to fight without holding back."

Henry smiled, the infectious smile that made others grin with him, and soon everything was alright again. Tomorrow he could train again. Zoe and Brandon and Alex could all help him with his studies, and he would become the most powerful Quincy ever to have existed.

Alex turned, "You still have to clean up the training area."

---------------
Back to top Go down
Henry Jefferson
Tier 0
Henry Jefferson

RP Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed))   Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed)) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:54 pm

"You can do better than that!" Zoe yelled, dancing past the arrows fired by Henry. He cursed under his breath and dodged to the side as a barrage of the projectiles flew past him. He managed to backflip and fire a dozen arrows at Zoe in answer. Training was getting real tough lately, as Zoe had been giving him handicaps. Apparently, they were to prepare him for the equipment he would be using in the future, but what equipment would repel spirit particles? It was hard enough to make his bow, let alone fire arrows. And on top of that, Zoe was taking full advantage of the gadgets that could absorb Henry's repelled spirit particles. In essence, they made him weaker and her stronger. Henry fired an arrow to block Zoe from taking an advantageous position at his blindspot, then he curved it back around to put her on defense. Damn it was getting hard to fight, his aim was off even more than usual, he wasn't given his seele schnieder, and most of his dodges had to be done without reiatsu enhancing his speed or strength, conserving it for his arrows.

Henry slid under a Ginto capsule and went for a more close-range fight. He fired group of arrows at Zoe's base and then stepped into her, pushing her backwards. She didn't move backwards, but instead kicked at his shin, only to force Henry back instead. He began to strafe her, moving left whilst firing at her, bending the projectiles to force her into a corner. Zoe grabbed something at her belt and threw it at the following arrows, destroying them all and freeing up her movement. Henry needed to get into a better position or the fight would not go anywhere.

Henry shut off his bow for a moment so he could jump over Zoe and behind her. Then he saw her smirk, and panicked for a moment. He had missed something, hadn't he. "A silver rod strikes the five-fingered stone bed; Gritz!" Zoe incanted, throwing the small Ginto at Henry. The damn reishi refused to form his bow, and he didn't have his seele schnieder. Henry threw out his offhand, covering it in reiatsu. He fired it as if it were his bow, and the Ginto exploded. For a second he didn't know what had happened. Had the gadget been broken? No, he had definitely been the one who destroyed it. Then, he realized it. More accurately, he remembered it all.

Henry landed on his feet, looking down at his Quincy cross. Reiatsu flowed into it, and his bow formed easily in his hand. All he had to do was channel the river of reiatsu into the cross, it was easy. He looked up to see that Zoe had fired at him while he was still, but her arrows moved so slowly. He raised his bow, pulled back, and instead of firing a barrage fired a single arrow. It broke through the group, destroying them all as it flew toward Zoe. Henry curved it away before it hit her, and the projectile exploded against the wall, sending rubble everywhere.

"You're ready for the Sanrei Glove," Zoe said, her bow dissipating. She looked awed that Henry could beat her even with the handicaps, making Henry smirk.

"Sanrei Glove?" he asked, "What's that?" Zoe had a whole bunch of gadgets that she had said he couldn't use because he didn't have a good enough understanding of his Quincy powers. Sanrei Glove must have been one of those, but he didn't remember seeing any glove.

"It's powerful weapon meant to enhance Quincy powers by training them under intense conditions."

Henry raised an eyebrow, "Isn't that what I've been doing for the past eight years? Whatever it does, I'm sure I've already been through it." He had been through training that lasted for hours simply firing off a non-stop stream of spirit arrows. It wasn't like it could get harder than that.

Zoe scowled, "The bow is much worse than any training you've been through. First, it is a more powerful version of the device you have now, the reishi won't come easily to you." She sounded as if she was trying to scare Henry, but it wasn't working. "Next, you will be put through a week of firing arrows continuously to train you to collect reishi under these conditions."

Henry despaired at that, "A week? That's ridiculous, no one could fire arrows for a week without breaks."

Zoe seemed to enjoy that she had succeeded in her plan, which made Henry a bit pissed off. "It's true," she said, "that no one in the past century has succeeded, but at this time we are finding more and more powerful Quincy," she sighed as if she didn't want to admit the next part, "like you. So if you can't take the Sanrei Glove I'm sure there will be many others-"

"Where is it?" Henry asked, wanting to see what he would use to enhance his powers. He wondered why Alex didn't have one, then realized that it could only mean Alex wasn't strong enough. Did that mean that Zoe believed he was stronger than Alex? Those thoughts were pushed aside as Zoe lead him out of the training room doors and down the hall to her lab area. She didn't stop as she walked into the room and strode right to a safe. Henry had never seen her open it before, but was always curious of what was inside. The lock clicked and Zoe opened it, revealing a handful of Quincy items that were both ancient and new. She reached in and pulled out a metal box, but it lacked any seems to suggest it opened. Zoe pulled out a Ginto and muttered an incantation under her breath. The top of the box came off without a sound, revealing the glove.

"So this is the Sanrei Glove? asked Henry, examining the Glove as it remained in the box. It was long, probably able to reach most of the way up his forearm, and decorated with different layers. Also, there seemed to be some sort of lock near the elbow to keep it from coming off.

Henry mentioned this to Zoe, who said, "Once you put on a Sanrei Glove, you cannot take it off without losing all of your Quincy powers."

"If it enhances your Quincy powers, what would be the point?" Henry asked.

Zoe looked deadly serious as she responded, "When you take off the Sanrei glove, you increase your power exponentially, giving you the power to collect Reishi with ease. Your spirit arrows will have the power to destroy an entire city block, move at great speeds, and your reiatsu will be so vast that it will overwhelm you. But this advantage is only for a short time, then you will lose your powers."

Henry picked up the powerful weapon and slipped off his original Quincy cross. "I'll be back in a week," he said.

"Henry, you should really rest first-," but he was already leaving.

He got in his car but then realized that he had no idea where to go. Henry just started driving, not caring where he would end up, only wanting someplace quiet, someplace where he wouldn't be bothered. All he needed was a week, a week with this Glove and he would be the master he wanted to be. After a few hours of driving he found himself stopped on the side of some unused road. Henry got out, feeling drawn into the wood that was by the roadside. His feet crunched on the twigs and leaves on the forest bed until he stopped feeling the call.

He stood in a tranquil grove. A small stream ran through the sparse trees, a rock grouping that looked over the clearing area. Henry walked over to the rocks and sat down, taking out a cigarette and lighting it. He turned the Sanrei Glove over in his hand a few times, examining it, feeling the power, noticing patterns and weaves he hadn't before. Henry unlocked the forearm and slipped his hand inside the Glove, inhaled deeply, and locked it.

There was a terrible feeling like the one he had when he first put on the device Zoe had to repel reishi. It felt like his Quincy powers were rebelling, like they weren't a part of him. Henry ordered his reiatsu and the reishi to form his bow, but they moved away. He panicked, forcing more reiatsu into the Glove, pulling hard on the spirit particles around him. They came, but didn't form his bow. They resisted him as he tried to force them into his bow, not wanting to even be near Henry. He closed his eyes, drawing up a picture of his bow in his head and pushed and drew in the reiatsu and reishi until they formed it.

His bow came to him, the teal shape flaring out and then waning. It took Henry several moments to stop it from fluxuating so much, finally remaining stable. He let out a breath and tested his weapon. It was more pulling the spirit particles than pulling the string, less of a tangible effort. After getting a feel for the bow, Henry tried forming an arrow. This proved more difficult than he thought, as he had to simultaneously keep the reishi in bow form and create an arrow. A few tries later, he was able to fire the arrow, sending it out into the forest. Henry summoned another arrow, willing it to stabilized in his hand, then fired it. He grew faster, gaining knowledge and understanding of how to use the glove. The continuous fire of the arrows formed a beat, music in the forest that was so silent. Henry closed his eyes, his body and mind synchronizing into a more efficient being. In this trance, he was completely aware, able to feel everything around him.

Henry woke from the trance for the first time in the morning of the second day. It sucked, because he suddenly felt how tired and fatigued he was. His hand just continued to fire arrows, but he felt exhaustion like the sea washing over him. Henry willed himself to feel the beat, the strong, steady bass of his arrows flying from his bow. He closed his eyes and fell into the trance again.

At least a day past and then he felt a presence. No, not now. Please, not now, Henry thought. The hollow blundered through the forest, seeking the strong reiatsu that was coming from Henry. He opened his eyes, turning to the hollow, or, hollows. There were numerous numbers of them, all the same, all charging towards the weakened Henry. He couldn't think straight, not with keeping his bow up and the fatigue of the last few days. He just turned to the hollows and fired, keeping the rhythm of the bow. Henry despaired as he saw why there were so many. The one he killed grew to form two more. He briefly wondered what poor soul had fought against these things, before having to fight himself with another problem. As one of the hollows' fist came at him, but his legs wouldn't move. Move, damnit, Henry yelled at himself, before giving up and firing an arrow at the attacking hollow. Again, it split, leaving Henry to wonder how the hell he would kill all of these things. He finally got his legs to move and ran, firing an arrow at a pursuing hollow to deal with an immediate hollow. A fist came at him and he jumped out of the way, dodging into a tree. He began to jump from branch to branch, firing his bow as he went, only forming more hollows. Should he just abandon the glove? No, he had already gone through at least two days, if not a third. He just needed to outrun the hollows, however unlikely that seemed at the time.

"Hey kid," a voice said, "duck." Henry threw himself down just as Alex fired just about a thousand arrows at his enemies. "Wanna hurry it up you two?" he said. Just then, a giant pentagram was drawn on the forest floor, catching the hollows inside it. The explosion that followed shook the entire forest as a show of spectacular blue reishi erupted from the enclosed area.

"What the hell was that!" Henry yelled, but it lost most meaning as he had to fire another arrow to keep the rhythm.

"Sprenger," Brandon said, walking to Henry with Zoe. "We should leave, authorities will be here to figure out what that was."

Henry only nodded and fired another arrow. He had no idea how he was going to get out of the forest, or where he would go while firing a bow. Regular humans don't exactly understand the Quincys, and they probably wouldn't respond well to him.

"The trucks not far, if were lucky we can make it to a safehouse before anyone gets here," Alex said, gesturing over his shoulder towards what must have been the road. Henry began to walk quickly towards the direction Alex pointed, firing arrows from his bow. His vision was getting blurry; he needed to slip back into the trance if he wanted to keep going. Brandon said something, but Henry missed it, not understanding the words. He saw the pick-up truck and collapsed into the back, raising his arm to fire arrows out the side. The motion of the truck lurching forward startled Henry, and he realized he was about to fall asleep. Not yet, he thought, finding the rhythm again and slipping into the trance. His eyes remained open, watching the teal arrow as it flew into the forest to the side. The sky was so bright; it made him smile up at the clouds. The reishi in the air glowed a teal color, and he asked it to come forward. Why didn't it want to come forward? Why was it being to resistant to him? The Glove he reminded himself as he looked at his arm. How would something that repelled reishi help him? Maybe he should just take it off and-

No! What was wrong with him? Why was he being so slow? He needed to be alert, and yet he needed to not be alert. He couldn't find the rhythm like he had in the forest, no matter how hard he tried. The Spirit arrows weren't forming, making every shot a desperate effort to fire it before time ran out. Days past like this, or was it hours? Was there a difference anymore? Would it matter if there was two days left or two hours? He couldn't keep up, no one could keep up at the rate that the glove demanded.

"What are you?" Henry asked the Glove. He was suspended in his soul, which took the form of water and fire far above and beneath him respectively. It was so peaceful there in the blankness between the two, the fires warming him as the water cooled him. He had never been in his soul before, but it was the most peaceful feeling he had ever experienced. Henry wondered if his body was still firing arrows, or if it had given up already.

"A broad question from a young soul," a voice said, echoing throughout Henry's being, "Do you ask me what I take the shape of, what I truly am, what I am to you? I could be just a hallucination to you fatigued mind, or maybe I am a part of your soul. Perhaps I am the Sanrei Gloves Spirit or a Quincy ancestor. If I were any of these things, it would not matter. Only what I am to you will matter."

"You're a guide," Henry said, realizing what this being would do, "You will show me how to use my Quincy powers in harmony with the Sanrei Glove."

"Yes and Yes. Your soul is an example of this in itself. For your entire Quincy training, you have been told to draw in reishi to form your bow and spirit arrows. Of course, with the Sanrei Glove, this would prove useless and only hinder your Quincy powers. You must learn to mold the reishi into what you want, not force it.

"How?" Henry asked the Guide, "How can I mold spirit particles without forcing them?"

"Molding reishi is like creating a vase. Pushing on the clay to hard will cause the vase to fall over, while not hard enough will collapse the structure. You must apply enough preasure simply to shape your weapons," the Guide said. The Glove appeared on Henry's hand. "Now, show me that you are worthy of using this artifact.

Henry closed his eyes, but was interupted. He was thrown from his soul, his body wrenching him back to his mind. Someone was calling his name, over and over. Not now, Henry thought, pulling away from the world and falling back into the depths of his soul.

He brought his Glove hand up, parallel to both the fires and waters of his soul. Reishi flowed around him, glowing teal from Henry marking them to form his bow. They circled his hand for a few moments, then formed his bow, extra reishi orbiting around him for his arrows.

"Summon your arrows, show me your Quincy power!" the Guide bellowed. Henry obeyed, bringing the reishi around him into his weapon. The voice nagged at him again, but Henry pushed it aside, concentrating on his bow. He let go of the reishi, allowing the arrow to fly forward.

Henry was thrown into his body again, unable to ignore the call of his name.

"Henry!" yelled Alex. It took Henry a moment to realize Alex was actually using his name. "Henry, get the hell up!"

Henry opened his eyes and was shocked for a moment as he looked around the room. Where was he? The safehouse, that's right. Who were these other people?

"Shit," Henry said, "Shinigami. He easily dodged one of the enemies as he clumsily swung his sword. "I don't have time for you," the Quincy said, and raised his bow. It came easily once he realized how to use the reishi around him. Henry fired a dozen arrows at the Shinigami, blowing him to pieces. The other Shinigami in the room looked around, then one put both hands on his sword, "Scour their flesh, Flameheart, he said. His sword burst into flames, in it's place was a spear, flames surrounding it. The Shinigami swung, and flames shot out.

"Damnit, I won't make it," Henry said, as he jumped to avoid the flames. Alex used his hirenkyaku to move in front of Henry, taking the brunt of the fire. He fell to the ground, smoke rising from his Quincy clothing. Henry dropped to the floor next to Alex, "Damnit, kid, Alex said weakly, "learn how to move." Flames were spreading from the places where the original ones hit, begining to engulf Alex. Nothing Henry did helped to quench them. "Watch youself, keep your Quincy pride, and don't die, Henry." It was so quick, so abrudt. Alex was suddenly covered in flames, and then gone.

Henry screamed and turned on the nearest Shinigami, unloading arrows into him until he was a pincushion. He turned to the other group, firing a spray at them, sending them running for the door. Henry charged, firing arrows at their cowardly backs. He spotted the Shinigami who had killed his master and sprinted at him. The man was big, could run fast, and was sending gouts of fire behind him as he ran. There was no way to catch him.

Henry's bow glowed, it's regular pure teal reishi shifting thinner, into a more elegant surface. It was morphed and molded until it took a solid form, a red reflex bow. Henry smiled and raised the bow, willing reishi to form his weapon. Instead of an arrow, a net fired from his bow, trapping the fleeing Shinigami beneath it. Henry ran to him, not giving him a chance to beg for mercy before firing a barrage of arrows into his head. Blood gushed from the Shinigami's neck, bone fragments and brain matter spilling onto the forest floor. Henry didn't care, this man deserved worse.

When Henry finally returned to the safehouse he found it empty of Zoe or Brandon. They must have gotten away while they had the chance. Everything was gone of his life that he had wanted. Alex was killed, Zoe and Brandon were gone, and Henry was on his own. Again. He stood for a moment, letting it sink in. A Quincy's mission would always be to defeat hollows wherever they threatened humans. "Then I will raise an army," Henry said. "This I swear, by the pride of the Quincy, and on my masters grave.

-------------------------------------------------------
((Sorry, I got kinda lazy near the end. ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed))   Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detroit-Quincy Hideout ((Closed))
Page 1 of 1